Monday, December 5, 2011

It's a tough life .....

Most people trudge to work. Endless lines of commuters on public transport or endless lines of traffic on the motorways. Most people work in a city or large town. Pollution, litter, lots of grumpy people….grey buildings, grey people, grey skies. Not me. This is where I work.

  J and I own a small independent bookshop in the middle of nowhere. We’re part of a small country shopping complex that is quite touristy but very quaint. We’re surrounded by the most beautiful countryside and we even have indigenous aloes growing directly outside our shop window.
And if you don't believe how close they really are, here's a shot that includes the window frame....
 Hydrangeas grow like balloons in the gardens and everywhere you look there are lush green fields and trees.

 Agapanthus grow like weeds here.
 

Directly outside our shop there is an ancient tree with well placed benches for a spot of relaxation when life here gets too stressful……
 So that's where I’ve been today. I even had the chance for a bit of hooky….. Can you tell what it is yet?
Life is tough sometimes……

1 comment:

  1. Grrrr! I'm one of those grey men in grey suits who has to drive to work through the grey weather, along a boring old motorway (M3, M4 & M25 and M1 tomorrow!).
    Can't I just come and sit under your tree and read a nice book?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...