Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Happy Day!!!

On Wednesday I had a lovely surprise! This arrived .....


All the way from the UK. Yay - I love parcels! But before I get too ahead of myself, let me explain.

A few weeks ago one of my wonderful bloggie friends Shelley and I decided to do a yarn swap. I had mentioned in a post that it was very difficult to find lace yarn in South Africa and Shelley kindly came to my rescue with the yarn swap idea!!! Shelley has the most adorable little girl who adores all things pink and purple, so I had a ball doing some serious 'girlie' yarn shopping to send over to her. If you want to read about my parcel to Shelley see her post here.

On Wednesday Shelley's parcel to me arrived. First, there was this -


A gorgeous card with some very delectable shoes - show me a girl who doesn't like shoes and I'll show you a man!!!!!

Then this ....


Now, when it comes to knitting mags in South Africa we are certainly starved!!! Our big stationery shop chain (similar to WH Smith in the UK) does stock a few but they are normally a few months out of date and you have to remortgage your house to buy one!!! So this edition of Knit Now from Shelley was like gold to me!!! I sat on my bed stroking the cover for a while just savouring the pleasure of what would be inside ..... images of Homer Simpson murmuring 'mmmmm bagels.....' spring to mind!!! I must have looked a little mad to say the least!!!! I don't want to read it cover to cover because then it will be over too soon, but  I have dipped inside it once or twice and am happy to say that I haven't been disappointed. It's lovely. Lots of great ideas, patterns and articles as well as a pair of free needles and a free booklet on lace knitting!!!!



After my magazine fix there were these for my children -


And this stunningly beautiful rainbow picture from Shelley's daughter Lil Mooey -


And last but by no means least, there was the main reason for the parcel. Oh my. Four balls of the most delicious yarn I have ever seen.......


Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace yarn. Are you jealous? Are you? Are you? You can admit it. I would be.


It's the most gorgeous deep burgundy wine colour - the colour of crushed berries. It's so rich that it makes me think of long winter evenings, log fires, cinnamon sticks and Christmas......

So here is everything again, just for the record.


Am I lucky or am I lucky? Thank you again so much Shelley - it's all perfect!

Til soon.
xxx

p.s. Please pop over to Shelley's blog and say Hi. She'd love to hear from you!!!














3 comments:

  1. I must be stupid. I thought you had done a YAM swap...
    Even I recognise the beauty of the wine-coloured yarn. What will you make with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I'm absolutely jealous.
    (But I DID receive a pack of Stylecraft DK in the mail from my sis in Ireland today!)

    Have to agree with you on the price of knit/crochet/craft mags...can almost buy a book for that price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura so pleased it all arrived safely and you love the parcel! I have to admit it was very difficult to part with the yarn it's just so beautiful. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you make with it! Thank you for posting about this fan to see my parcel with u

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...