Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Book Review : Crochet Borders

Oh my. I got a new book yesterday. It was this.


I'm sure that many of you already have this book as it was first published in 2010 but having made a couple of blankets now and struggled with border patterns, I decided to buy it. I am NOT disappointed as it's gorgeous!!! There are 150 (yes, you heard correctly, one hundred and fifty!!!) crochet border patterns inside all beautifully presented with easy to follow charts as well as written instructions. Here are just a few to give you an idea.......


So pretty.


Interesting and uber vintage!


Compact and tidy. LOVE those colours!!!


Buttons and borders......


How about this to border a Summer Blanket???? Gorgeous.

Well, what more can I say? Just a little taste of the stunning patterns inside this book. If you don't have it on your crochet reference shelf, then get it...today....now! You won't regret it, I promise.

Book details:
Title: Around the Corner - Crochet Borders
Author: Edie Eckman
ISBN: 9781603425384
Amazon link:  Crochet Borders

Til soon.
xxx





3 comments:

  1. I use this book over and over again. Do you have her book on Motifs. It is great too. Have fun trying out some of the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks great and, like you, I haven't found the whole border thing necessarily straightforward. Your chosen snippets from the book are making my fingers itchy to trip along to Amazon and order it! I especially like that one with flowers growing out of the border although it looks a mite fiddly to do on a large blanket but a small lap quilt kind of size blanket might be just perfect for it. Thank you so much for the heads up! E x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have considered this book but never had the need to purchase it, however i seem to be making more and more blankets so may soon be a necessary purchase.
    thanks for the review and I'm glad you have found it useful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...