Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ripple update....

Whilst rippling along today at my bookshop I suddenly realised that I hadn't posted any updates to my original ripple post here. I've been cruising along with it and am very pleased with progress. What do you think?


I'm really enjoying the randomness of the colours and how they look so great together. There's no colour plan and I use whatever colour I pull out of my work basket. It's that simple!


I love vivid colours and fortunately so does Little D. This blanket is destined for his bed and he's been watching me make it over the past few weeks with a gentle awe.... Every now and again he reaches out to touch it and I know just how much this blanket will be loved......


I left the blanket dumped on my chair the other day and this is how it looked when I came back ... all weird angles and folds.....


That's my idea of modern art but this is how it'll look in Little D's cupboard ....


...just waiting for huggles, cuddles and snuggles....


3 comments:

  1. Do you have a cat? I'm sure if you have, the cat will soon claim possession of this lovely piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, your blanket is wonderful! I love a ripple pattern...it looks so complicated to do, everyone I've shown a ripple project to always asks " How do you crochet up and down like that?" :) And your blog is lovely! I love reading, and when I saw that you have a bookshop, I was curious...where is it? Do you sell online? I am always buying books for thew girls and myself :)
    I am excited to see your Great American Aran Afgan coming along...I'll pop by to keep updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a delish blanket! I love the vibrant colours! This lovely ripple blanket will look gorgeous on little D's bed, he is very lucky to have a talented mummy :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...