Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A labour of love....

A while ago you may have read my post about a commission that a friend of mine had given me to knit her a cable jersey. This was the pattern


Yes, I said, of course I can make it for you!!!!! And make it I did. Here it is:


Please excuse the sun dappled pic but it's late afternoon and my bedroom has the best natural light albeit a bit glary!!! Here's a pic with the curtains closed which shows up the cables a little better.


It's taken me just over two months to knit and whilst I love doing cable work, I have to say that this one was heavy going. My fingers took some strain as there were just SO MANY cables in the pattern! The sleeves were slightly easier but still mind-blowingly weighty! It felt like I was wading through deep mud whilst climbing a very steep hill! Still, I struggled on and finally finished it earlier this week.

Here's some close ups of the cables


And one last sun blasted look before I hand it over this evening....


I do like it, I really do. I just hope she does too.
Til soon.
xxx



7 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful jumper, as a very new knitter cabling is far far away dream for me at the moment, though I have plucked up the courage to start to knit a simple cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, it's a triumph! You have done a marvellous job and it looks absolutely gorgeous in the dappled sunlight! Your friend will love it and wear it all winter I bet! Hope you feel very pleased and proud - you should! E x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly impressed. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweater. She will love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - so much work involved! How dedicated are you?! She is sure to love it, well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Laura thank you so much for your comment on my bag post. Can you send me a direct email at mrsthomasinatittlemouse@gmail.com? E x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...