Saturday, January 7, 2012

Storm Survivors!

For those gardeners among you, I thought I'd post what little survivors we've found so far in the garden after The Storm From Hell!!!


The cabbage plant that Little D brought back from a farm trip with his school is still going strong. He's very proud......


Unfortunately my standard roses haven't faired so well. Not a bloom to be seen.....


My strawberry patch is still producing leaves but no flowers or fruit.....


And my veg area in general looks very sad. The peppers (front right) are almost completely destroyed but I'm keeping them in just for a few more days to see if they come back to life. The spring onions (next to the peppers) are a little bedraggled but I'm hoping that beneath the soil......and the spinach leaves (back left) are full of holes but there are already new leaves sprouting so there may be hope!


Apart from that, there is no colour left in the garden at all except for these daisies (can't remember their real names) that I planted in some pots by a sheltered wall of the house.....they flower bravely on.....


So, that's our garden post storm. Let's hope we don't have another one......

4 comments:

  1. its great to see you have some veg that survived the storm, Im sure your straberrys will make a come back Laura.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, go and plant some Borage seedlings/plants in between your strawberries...it works like a bomb! The Borage does some magic and makes the plants bear fruit I guess, rather than make leaves. My strawberry plants are actually quite small, but each plant has 4-5 strawberries at any one time :)
    ♥Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that all is not lost. Plants are surprisingly resilient and I'm sure many of them will recover.
    I've not heard this thing about planting Borage amongst Strawberries, but it certainly would be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I really enjoy your blog so I nominated you for the Liebster Award this morning.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a message...